Wednesday, January 5, 2011

To Grandma's House We Go

For Christmas this year, we had a little road trip planned. We headed north to Indiana and Michigan (driving for the 2nd time this year). Overall, it was a great trip and I apologize for being very behind on blogging. So, I'll try to do some posts over the next couple days and catch up.

The drive up went surprisingly smooth. Both kids did great. The new car (we got the Acadia if I didn't tell you) was fantastic.  We both loved to drive it, loved the navigation, Evan loved the DVD player... all the bells and whistles on it were awesome.  We definitely made a good decision and I have to say at this point, I'd recommend it!

We arrived in Indy late Friday evening.  On Saturday, we spent the morning at our favorite place, The Children's Museum!  Bryce had never been so I was excited to show him.

The first thing we did was the Christmas slide!  The museum turns their staircase into a huge slide at Christmas.  I wasn't sure if Evan would go by himself so Bryce took him up there.  As you can see in the video, Evan did go by himself so he got to race Daddy to the bottom.  They had a blast!

Video of them sliding:



Next, we headed up to the Carousel, my personal favorite.  Evan and Oma road together.


And I got to ride with Caitlin for the first time!


Picture of all of us on the carousel:

After that, we headed up to the infant/toddler area.  Evan had fun playing in the water:

But of course his favorite was the train table - tears of course when we had to move on:

Next was the Christmas area where you can see Santa and do "winter" things like brush reindeer, go "ice skating", go in a winter caste, etc.

And last we went to the see the Dinosphere where we always have a ROARING good time:
Roar!

Saturday evening, Bryce and I headed to the wedding of my friend Bill Witchger - had so much fun and loved getting to see a bunch of college friends.  Hope we can all get together again soon!  And that's post number one from our trip to the Midwest!

No comments:

Post a Comment