Saturday, January 15, 2011

The End of Christmas

Finally, the last Christmas post!  Sorry it has taken me so long to get all these posted, but there just doesn't seem to be enough time or energy to get everything done that I'd like to.

After we were in Michigan, we came back to Indiana for just two days.  We managed to fit in quite a few things before we drove back to Texas.  When we got back to Indy, I went straight to my friends house for a little reunion with my high school girlfriends and our moms and kids.  So fun!  I love all these girls and wish we could get together more often but we are literally scattered across the country (NYC, LA, Olympia, Austin, Indy, and Cincy).  We were all able to make it except for our friend Sarah (we missed you terribly).  And it was crazy the number of kids!  Here's a few pics from the get together.  The ladies were able to go out for dinner afterwards and catch up sans kids.  It was so nice to chat without so many distractions.  Miss you all!

La (on the far left) is pregnant with her first. Marie (next to her) has Moira and is pregnant with her 2nd.  Katy has her two kids Ruby and Ray.  Then me with my two kids.  Then Angie with Hadley.  And Sarah is missing who has a little boy Julian (Caitlin's age).  We are a growing group!

Katy, Lauren, Angie, Marie, and me - friends since 1992! (Angie and I have been friends since first grade - that's like 27 years or something!)
 
On Christmas Eve, we spent the morning at a few museums downtown as they had special Christmas exhibits. The first we went to was the State Museum.  They have an area where you can ride this little train that we used to ride when we were kids.  Plus, you can visit Santa and see the rest of the museum as well.

Oma and Evan waiting to go see the train

On the train ride (the first time)

Family pics

Another family pic

One last chance for a Santa pic - both kids did great although it was hard to capture.  Caitlin actually didn't cry and Evan had a nice long conversation with Santa!

Another train ride - this time with Daddy

After we spent some time at the State Museum, we headed next door to the Eiteljorg.  I have actually taken the kids to both these museums but Bryce has never been and they each had special Christmas train exhibits so we just HAD to go.  At the Eiteljorg, they had set up a huge model train display. It was really gorgeous and Evan loved following the trains around.  There were many tears when we had to leave.

Just a small part of the display - this part was a replica of downtown Indianapolis

Evan and Daddy checking out the train

Oma and Evan riding the horses - giddy up!

Daddy and Evan riding the horses - whoa!

And that is it for our Christmas vacation!  I don't have much to report since then.  We are busy preparing for Caitlin's birthday this week - she will be one!  It's so crazy to me that a year ago, I was very pregnant and about to give birth!  Caitlin makes me smile and laugh everyday.  How can you not?  I will try and post her one year update soon after next weekend.  Both Oma and Mema and Papa are all coming in for the birthday so we are very happy to see them all again so soon. But, it will be a very busy week for me between work and getting ready for the birthday.  Don't expect a blog update although if I get a minute, maybe I'll just post some pics! 

No comments:

Post a Comment