Friday, January 28, 2011

Caitlin's First Birthday Party!

What a busy weekend!  I wll post an official one year blog entry after this one when I get another free moment (why does it seem I can never be caught up?).  We had quite a full house this weekend.  Oma, Mema, and Papa all came into town for the celebration.  Friday, we all went to the Children's Museum since we have a membership.  Evan of course loved the train exhibit as usual.  Caitlin had fun crawling around the baby/toddler area.  We spent the afternoon/evening getting ready for the party.

Saturday was the big day!  We had a lot to do in the morning to get ready, but finally it was party time! We had a cupcake theme for the party.  I tried to get some cute pics of her before the party but she wasn't really interested.  Here's the best two I got:
Don't you love the matching birthday girl cupcake shirt?? :)

Here are some shots of the cakes (I got an extra cake for Aunt Baba since they share a birthday and then of course the small "1" is the smash cake for Caitlin):
The cake matches the plates I bought for the party!

Aunt Baba's cake in Alabama colors

The smash cake!
 Just an FYI, but I get all our cakes from Fantasy Cakes in Round Rock.  Now, I have to say they are a little pricey (so who knows how much longer I will be able to afford them), but they make THE best cake.  Always looks great/just like I want and then tastes SO good.  I definitely recommend them for a custom cake but they are a little expensive so just warning you!

The party was a lot of fun.  Thanks to everyone who came!  I know the party is more for me than Caitlin, but we all enjoyed celebrating her first birthday.  The weather was actually nice so the kids could eat/play outside.  Our big upstairs play room got put to good use by all the kids.  And the blog entry would not be complete without the eating of the birthday cake... I strung together about 3 videos to get it all in.  Caitlin was a little tired by the time we ate cake, but I think she liked it.  She wasn't too sure at first but after a few tastes (courtesy of Evan and Avery), she decided "Cake is Yummy!".



It was a great birthday and a great party. Thanks to everyone who came and all the help.  It was a lot of work, but it turned out better than I could have hoped!  Happy Birthday to my lil' cupcake Caitlin!

2 comments: