Sunday, January 9, 2011

Caitlin turns 11 months!

While we were in Michigan, Caitlin turned 11 months!!  It was crazy to be thinking she was almost one year old.  I had prepared her sign before we left so we could get her picture while we there.  Although, taking her monthly picture is getting rather difficult as she does NOT want to sit still!  In just the last few weeks, she has changed by leaps and bounds!  I will have to try and separate what was between month 10 and 11 though.

Happy 11 month birthday!

She didn't have an official Doctor's appointment this month so these are some rough stats:
Weight: 19 lbs 11 oz
Height: 28 inches

So, the biggest new thing with Caitlin is that she started crawling exclusively on all 4s!  Before she used to break it out rarely and much preferred the army crawl.  But, as soon as we got to Indiana, she completely abadoned the army crawl.  It was so neat to see as it was just like a light switch. 

 She also has started to pull up on everything including her crib. She was pulling up on things last month, but not as often and not in her crib. We went ahead and lowered her crib one level. Now, she's almost always standing in her crib when I come in to get her after a sleep.  She has gotten really good at pulling up on whatever and then getting back down to the floor too.  She also is already starting to climb as you can see from our photo shoot :)  She loved climbing the stairs at Mema and Papas house.


Caitlin is doing really well with the eating.  Before the trip, we had not really started a lot of finger foods yet.  It was just easier and faster to use baby food so I figured I would do more once we got back (which I have and now she is exclusively finger foods).  She still was doing three solid meals a day, each with a bottle afterward.  And she has enjoyed everything she's eaten so far... not a picky eater!


This month was really busy with Holidays.  We had Thanksgiving which we celebrated with friends.  We then had lots of Holiday activities like the annual Tree Lighting downtown, a cookie party with friends, a hayride around our neighborhood, and various Santa visits which did not go well.  Caitlin was not a big fan of Santa but in general, she is definitely getting a little stranger anxiety.  She loves her mama, what can I say!  If I'm in view/around, she really wants to be held by mama.  It's funny because she can be perfectly content with someone and I come in the room and then she gets kind of fussy and wants mama.  Evan was not like this as much so it's something different with her. 

And as you know, we took the kids to the Midwest for part of Christmas break.  Caitlin did great in the car on all trips.  Really, she was rather content in her seat for most of the time!


 As for napping, she is pretty flexible.  We've been so busy lately that she really hasn't been taking much of a morning nap (because she really only naps if she's in her crib or the car).  But, if she doesn't take a morning nap, then she just takes a longer afternoon nap (like 3-3.5 hours).  So, I'm not complaining!!  She still sleeps from about 8:15pm-7:15am.


Verbally, she likes to babble and scream.  Still lots of ga, ba, ma, da sounds put together.  I keep trying to decipher her first word but who knows.  I mean, she says mama, dada, etc but I don't think she knows what she's saying necessarily. She did however start signing!!  Her first sign was more.  She does it ALL the time now, especially when we are eating (since that is how we introduced it to her).  She also loves to play peek-a-boo herself.  And this month she also got to see and play in snow for the first time!


That's about it!  One more month and my baby will be ONE year old!  It's going by too fast.  We love you to pieces precious girl!

Here's a link to her Eleven Month picasa photo album! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment