Saturday, January 29, 2011

Caitlin - One Year

Here's the official One Year post for Caitlin - you are probably sick of hearing about how she's turned one, but I always thought birthdays should last much longer than one day. 



In the world of Caitlin, things couldn't be better!  Let's start with some stats:
Height: 28.5 inches - 45%
Weight: 19lbs 7 oz - 25%

She is a petite little thing!  I looked back at old data and Evan was 22.5 lbs and 30 inches at his 1 year appt (granted he's a boy so it should be different).  Still, I always feel like she's this tiny little girl.  We won't be switching her to forward facing for awhile I think.  She seems perfectly happy to be rear facing so no need to hurry and switch her anyway.  Doctor was very happy with everything.  She seems to be right on track with all the milestones.  She had to get 3 shots this last time (sad), but she was a trooper!  Just one little cry and then she was fine.  And no reaction this time.



Let's see... since last post, Caitlin is on the move!  I mean, she was crawling on hands/knees before, but now, she just takes off.  She loves to pull up on anything (chairs, tables, the gate, my jeans, the dog).  She also walks along the objects really well and will stand at them and sort of lean against them while clapping.  She also will walk behind a walker and does great at walking while holding her hands.  She still doesn't want to take any steps by herself but I'm sure it won't be long before we are chasing after her and Evan. 



Caitlin has started whole milk this week and loves it.  In fact, in the last 2 weeks, she's started signing milk (in addition to more which she did before this month).  She also does all done (I think, sometimes it's hard to tell if she's just really excited and waving).  And, no more bottle, just sippy cups!  And the last two nights, she's gone to bed without a bottle before bed - just read some stories and then into the crib.  No fuss!  Way to go Caitlin! Evan was very similar though - gave up the bottle and didn't need it for bedtime either easily.  Always makes me happy though since I hate to hear her cry and would be very tempted to give it back to her :)




Also since the last post, she is done with baby food.  We are all about finger foods now and she loves it!  I always struggle at first with what to give them but we are slowly building up a good variety of foods.  My nanny Elizabeth always has great suggestions too.  And the whole choking thing makes me so nervous.  I tear/cut up all her food probably into much smaller bites than she needs, but I'm a little paranoid about it.  Plus, she usually puts an entire handful of whatever it is into her mouth at once!  She is a good little eater and just goes to town on whatever is in front of her.  You can always tell when she's done as the dog tends to get more of the food than actually gets eaten by Caitlin.


Caitlin has gotten about 5 teeth in the last month (she now has 4 on top, 3 on the bottom).  That helps a lot with the eating, but the grinding!  She will grind her teeth every now and then and ugh, the sound!  It just hurts my ears! 



Things she loves: climbing the stairs, running away from you when you come after her, tickling, pulling out her hair barrettes, cheerios, crawling with things in her mouth, her thumb, and dancing.  Here's a video of her dancing... this is from her actual birthday.  We had some music playing (Glee soundtrack I think) so we were all having a little jam session - there are some sweet moves by Bryce featured as well!  She loves to bounce up and down to the music and then it's so funny because if she's crawling and feels the need to grove, she'll just stop and give a quick little bounce.  Cracks me up every time!




Well, I guess that is all I can think of!  It's been a big month with lots of firsts and new things.  I still can't believe it's been a year.  To think that a year ago, we had this tiny little baby who had just gotten RSV from her brother at a week old and had us so scared with what might happen!  What a great year it's been.  We are so blessed to have two amazing children, family, and friends.  There's a link to her one year album at the bottom of the blog entry (and also on the right-hand side of the actual blog).

Happy One Year Caitlin!
Caitlin - One Year

In comparison, here is her first week album!

Caitlin - Week 1

No comments:

Post a Comment