Sorry for not posting much lately but since starting work, I find I'm a little more tired with less free time! But, I haven't completely abandoned you all so here are some of the things we've been up to.
We joined our friends the Isaacsons at the Round Rock Express game. This was our first time with all 3 kids and it was fun! We sat on the lawn near the kids area with a playscape and bounce house. Plus, they weren't confined to any seats and could move around... perfect for little ones who don't want to sit still for 2 hours!
Photo of the 4 older kids - we called this our "prom picture" because o the way Ellie/Caitlin were hugging each other... totally a prom pose!
The kids enjoyed playing on the playscape
Ryan and Daddy
We have been continuing our swim lessons. I seem to get more photos of Caitlin than Evan since I have to watch her a lot more in the pool than Evan. Caitlin is so close to swimming on her own and Evan's freestyle has really progressed (breathing to the side now). He can also dive for his dive toys in the deep end now!
Caitlin jumping in
Caitlin floating on her own
The other news from July is that Ryan got RSV (a respiratory virus that is not good in infants). After a few days of what seemed like a cold and worsening cough, I took him to the Dr. We were shocked to discover it was RSV since it is not common in the summer. Poor boy!
We had to do breathing treatments for about a week but it never got beyond a little wheezing so we were thankful for that. He was not happy though for about a week - not eating, up a lot more at night. We are only now starting to get back into our routine.
Here he is a happy camper! Loves to pull on his toys on his car seat.
I actually got to go on a little mommy retreat. I went with a few friends to Galveston and the beach. It was right after Ryan was sick so I was a little nervous leaving Bryce with all 3 and considering this was my first trip EVER away from my kids (except when having another baby). That's five years of never spending a night apart from them. Crazy!! It was great to relax, talk, and have fun with some wonderful ladies.
Me - getting to relax on the beach with a book.. unheard of with kids!
I have a great husband who let me take these 2 days to get some me time which is pretty difficult with 3 kids under 5! And just so you know, he and the kids did great! The one bummer is that I missed Evan losing his first tooth and the tooth fairy coming for the first time. I need to post a picture. Unfortunately, he swallowed the tooth but he wrote a note to the tooth fairy so he did receive a little money anyway.

No comments:
Post a Comment