Last week, Ryan turned 4 months old. It certainly has flown by and I had to go back to work this week (sad). But, he is doing well and we are figuring out this 3 kid circus I think. We just love having him as part of our family. He is so adorable and loves to smile, laugh, and coo. Makes me sad to leave him everyday but I know he is in good hands with our nanny.
The stats for four months from the Drs office:
Weight: 15 lbs 7 oz
Height: 26 inches
He came down a little in percentages, but he is just fine! He seems like a big boy to me. I looked back and at 4 months, Caitlin was 13lbs, 8oz and 24 inches. Evan was 25.5 inches and 16lbs.
This month, he rolled from tummy to back (if you'll remember, this was just after he turned 3 months while we were in Michigan). He also has great head control and really pushes up. He loves to stand and push on those legs. He has not rolled back to tummy yet but he's getting close... he loves to grab his feet.
Sleeping wise, he finally started to sleep through the night this month! Thank goodness! I think it coincided with him finding his thumb. Looks like we have another thumb sucker but it totally works for self soothing. Ryan also will take a pacifier pretty well... very similar to Evan.
We were starting bath around 8:30pm and then he'd get up around 7:30am. Lately he has been going to bed even earlier (like bath at 7:30-8pm). We've started to get a bit of a routine. He usually takes about an 1-1.5 hour nap in the morning (usually about 2 hours after he gets up). Then in the afternoon, he will take a longer nap (2-3 hours). If he's in his swing, he's been known to nap for even longer! Then when get starts to get fussy in the evenings, rather than put him down for another nap, we just start the bed time routine.
As you can see above, he likes to stick his tongue out. And we've started using the bumbo/bebe pod to help practice sitting up.
And I thought I'd put up some pictures for comparison again... people seemed to like that last time.
Caitlin 4 months
Evan 4 months
Happy Four Months Ryan!

No comments:
Post a Comment