Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Evan Starts Kindergarten!

I can't believe my baby has started Kindergarten! It was a wonderful but stressful and emotional day.. and when I say stressful and emotional, I mean for me!! Evan was just fine. He was so excited about everything which I think is a good sign that he really is ready for Kindergarten.

We all had to get up really early that morning. Evan is riding the bus (so excited about that... I tried to talk him out of it for just the first day and he wouldn't budge!). It was still dark outside which kind of ruined my plans for some pictures before school...
We made a little sign for him - he wrote his name.

Finally, just as we were getting ready to walk to the bus, it started to get a little lighter...

Since we were dropping him off at the bus and then driving up to school, that meant ALL of us needed to be up and ready. Caitlin didn't want to be left out of the pictures.

We made it to the bus stop in plenty of time. We met Madison who lives down the street and is in Evan's class. Don't they look like they coordinated outfits? Her mom told me that she said she was going to marry Evan... too cute.

Waiting patiently for the bus with his new backpack.

Quick family picture (minus Ryan who was in his car seat)...

Yeah for the bus! Look at Caitlin - she so wanted to go with him!

Getting on the bus without even a glance back. The rest of us jumped in the car and drove up to school so we could meet the bus.  
Evan with his best buddy Alex who also rode the bus. They were so excited.

Evan in his class

Daddy and Evan pic


Mommy and Evan pic

Family pic - Caitlin looks a little sleepy still...

And yes, Ryan was actually there.

We walked back to the car with our friends the Isaacsons who had also all come up to the school.

I worked from home that afternoon so I could be there when Evan got off the bus. 

Here he comes!

A big smile! Must have been a great day!  

Evan and the ladies... Some mothers brought a bunch of Popsicles for all the kids getting off the buses as a first day treat which was nice.  

We asked him lots of questions about his day but didn't get too much information out of him. We know they read a No David! book and cut out a picture of him. They learned a lot of rules and how things kind of work (like how to walk through the halls and be quiet at lunch). They had lunch and recess. They don't do a nap but they did have a little rest period where they could lay their heads on their desk for 20 minutes. That's about all we got out of him.

Since my pictures were not great in the morning, I made him do a few more after school so here are those.




Overall, it was a success! He seemed to really enjoy it. I only shed a few tears as we were leaving school that morning so I think that's pretty good.  I of course wondered how he was doing all day and wished I could just be there to watch him.  But I guess at some point, we have to just let them be and trust that they will make good choices and be okay without us.  I'm looking forward to volunteering in the class in a few weeks to see how it all works.  I think it's going to be a great year!

Oh, and for fun, Bryce's dad sent me these pictures of Bryce on his first day of Kindergarten... see how you think it compares to Evan!



No comments:

Post a Comment