My sister had a few friends visiting and they were headed to Sea World one day so the kids and I tagged along. I have been wanting to take them there for awhile and finally decided to do it. I knew they would love it and I was not disappointed. We had a great day.
Sea World!
Our first stop was the Sea Lion and Otter show. This was a typical July day in Texas - hot and sunny! So, we tried our best to keep everyone cool. This show though, we sat in the full sun and we were melting by the end (I actually took Ryan up to the shade for most of it). But, the best part was that after the show, we got to head back stage. One of Becca's friends works for Busch Gardens so she had arranged all these special things for us.
First was meeting the Walrus. We all got to get our picture taken with him and even feed him some fish... it was so cool.
And we met the Sea Lion too. I wish I remembered their names. The trainers also showed us around and answered lots of questions about the animals.
Next up, we went to the Dolphin/Beluga area. Unfortunately, we did not get to see the show or go back stage like we were supposed to. One of the Beluga's had a baby just 2 days before our visit so they were closed to the public. We did get to see the dolphins though.
After some lunch, we let the kids splash around at the Sesame Street water park.
Caitlin got to meet Zoe
And Evan got to meet Bert and Ernie!
Then, we headed to the Shamu show. Evan loves orcas so he was very thrilled with the show. We got a little closer after to say hi.
Then we headed to the wildlife and conservation area where we met lots of new friends!
Here we got our own private tour of some of the back areas where we met lots of interesting animals. Above is an owl.
And here is a Kookaburra. We even got to hear him laugh!
And then the cockatoo which we got to hold.
Even Caitlin held the bird (with some help)
And both Baba and Evan let the bird sit on their heads!
After, we went inside to pet a python...
Caitlin LOVED petting the python. She does NOT get that from me!
And I took the kids on a few rides.
The last stop of the day was the sharks... it was nice and cool in there and they both enjoyed that. A great place for breastfeeding too (both dark and cool)! After that, we had some ice cream before saying goodbye to Shamu and heading home.
Overall, it was a super day and we loved getting the VIP treatment. Thanks Megan!

No comments:
Post a Comment