A lot has changed in 5 years since you were born. You were our first baby and since then we've grown our family by 2 more. We've moved houses. You've learned to swim, to ride a bike. You lost your first tooth. You are learning to read. You can count to 100 and so much more.
When you were born, it was hard to imagine being where we are now. Where has the time gone? When did you become this incredible person whom we love so much?
At five, you are a very social person. You love to talk to whomever and tell them whatever you are thinking. If you see kids playing, you want to join them. You do play well by yourself, but if anyone is outside playing, you want to go too. You are very active... you love to ride your bike, to run around, to jump, to play soccer, play baseball, play football. That's probably why you are so skinny that you still wear 2T shorts! Last year on your birthday, we got you your first 2 wheel bike and you rode it that very day (no training wheels). Since then, you've graduated to an even bigger bike. I love to jog and have you ride beside me.
You are very sweet natured and are a big helper without me asking more than once most of the time. I love that I can depend on you for the most part to do what I ask. It helps keep your sister in line too since she wants to do everything her big brother does!
Lately, you are obsessed with Lego things (like Lego Ninjago and Lego Chima) and Star Wars. Your favorite shows are Word Girl and Wild Kratts. You like to watch Daddy's games and music videos (especially Walk Off the Earth!). You like to sing and dance and just be silly. You don't take a nap anymore but still have some quiet time and what we call "kindergarten time" where we work on things like reading, numbers, etc.
You love your sister and brother - even though sometimes you seem to smother Ryan with your love. You and Caitlin play so well together. You are the best of friends (besides your best buddy Alex). I know she will miss you when you are in school every day next year. Your favorite food is probably pizza but you also love yogurt (peach is your favorite) and fruit - you could eat fruit all the time and often choose that over other snacks.
I don't know what else to say! I just wanted to capture some thoughts on you turning five. Just one week and school will start. I can't believe we will have a kindergartener! We are so blessed to have you as our son. We love you so so much. Okay, starting to cry so that's enough! Can't wait for another great year.







No comments:
Post a Comment