Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ryan 5 months!

Ryan turned 5 months just before Evan's birthday. It's been a big month for him!

Weight: 15lbs 10 ounces
Height: 26.5 inches (guess)

Mommy had to go back to work :( I hated to leave him and the other two... we were having so much fun! But, it's only 28 hours a week so I still have M/W/F mornings with them. And it's easy to leave them with our incredible nanny so I know they are in excellent hands and I don't have to worry!
This month, Ryan finally rolled over from back to tummy (officially on  July 25th). As soon as he did it just a handful of times. it became almost automatic when you'd put him down. Now, he sleeps every night on his tummy and rolls over almost instantly when I put him down at night.  
Unfortunately, this was also the month that Ryan got RSV (a respiratory illness). So, we had our first bout of worry, stress, fussiness, and not sleeping well.  However, he weathered the disease pretty well and after about a week had turned the corner and never got more than a small wheeze. 
Minus the time he was sick, he has started to go to bed earlier (usually start bath around 7:30pm). He likes to nurse a long time before going to bed but then will usually sleep until 7am. He is very happy in the morning when he wakes up. He will take usually a short nap in the morning (because we are almost always busy with activities for the older 2 kids).  But then in the afternoon, he will take about a 3 hour nap! I'm so happy to have another good napper (fingers crossed it continues). He usually eats just 4 times a day but he has started to take a bigger bottle, usually 7 ounces. Next month we will start the cereals!
We introduced him to the exersaucer as you can see... he loves it! We have gotten out a lot of the baby/toddler toys since Chelsea is at our house every day as well (our nanny watches her too). It's baby central at our house!

Ryan loves to grab his feet and toys.  He especially loves to play with his pull toys on the car seat. He is such a smiley, laughing, happy baby. 




No comments:

Post a Comment