I'm sure you are anxious to hear about and see pictures of Hawaii, but I have to do at least one post before then. Ryan turned 6 months just before the trip so I want to get that in before I start on Hawaii (which I'm sure will be multiple posts).
I didn't take Ryan to the Dr. until this week because I knew he'd be getting shots and I didn't want to have him get those just before the trip. At his 6 month appointment (which was almost 2 weeks late), he was 16 lbs, 15 ounces and 26.5 inches. He seems like a much bigger boy than that!
This month he started sitting up all by himself (as you can see). Officially, we are saying August 19th was the day he sat by himself. He is really steady though now and rarely falls over unless reaching for a toy. He will often push himself up with his arms.
We also started introducing the cereals to him (8/11). At first, he wasn't a huge fan as he just wasn't sure what to do with that spoon!
We have done rice cereal, oatmeal, and multi-grain and he seems to eat them all the same.
But he can get pretty messy!
Ryan still loves to be on his tummy and usually rolls to it immediately. Although lately, he has been rolling around a lot (front to back and back to front) when you put him down, trying to get at various toys. He also does a lot of scooting backwards. Everything goes in his mouth! I can already tell it will be a challenge with all the older kids toys and worrying about choking hazards once he is more mobile. It was nice not to have to worry about that with Evan and Caitlin being so close in age and not really having any toys with small parts!
We are still doing two naps a day although the morning one is usually really short since we are out and about 90% of the time. Fortunately, the afternoon one is usually about 2 hours. He is still sleeping pretty well at night. I usually start his bath around 7:30pm and he will generally sleep until about 7am.
Like the other kids, we did a little 6 month celebration for Ryan. Life was very hectic since it was just 2 days before we left for Hawaii but I'd have felt horrible if I didn't do it for him (as I did for the older 2)
The kids helped me decorate with sprinkles... a little overboard on them maybe!
And just one more cute picture of Chelsea and Ryan - best buds! He doesn't even mind when she "walks all over him".
And last but not least, the comparisons:
Happy 6 months Ryan!

I think you visited when Evan was around six months. Wowsy wowser, I can't believe I took you on that hike! And that you traveled so much! Very impressive. And I apologize in hindsight for not knowing anything about babies.
ReplyDelete