Sunday, April 1, 2012

Evan's Spring Preschool Concert

Just after our Disney trip, Evan had his spring concert at school  Unfortunately, he'd missed the entire week before the concert on our trip so I have to say that he didn't know the songs all that well (or have a bunny tail).  And, I feel like I also need to preface his disheveled appearance with the fact that I literally took him half naked and screaming to school.  He was having a major meltdown at home because he didn't want to get dressed.  When I say major, I mean colossal but we had to go. So, I put him in the car kicking and screaming, half naked.  We drove there and Bryce/Caitlin went in to get seats.  I tried to wait until he calmed down but finally, we had to just go in.  I forced his shirt on, carried him inside, and dropped him off with his teacher. I told her, "I'm so sorry. He is having a major meltdown. Please come get me if he doesn't calm down."  I felt like the worst mother, but the teachers were all so nice about it and took him no questions/looks.

When the class came into the sanctuary, I was very pleased to see that he was not screaming his head off. Whew! So, here's a video of the concert.  His shirt is totally buttoned wrong and untucked, but hey... I felt like it was a victory that he even made it on stage with clothes!

(Evan is the third from the right on the front row - disheveled looking kid who keeps opening his mouth... he had a cold sore)




NOTE: If you get the blog through email and the video doesn't appear above, just click on the Happenings in the Stacer Household at the top which will take you to the actual blog where you can click on the video and watch it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment