Look, Evan can read!!
Well, sort of :) As much as I'd love to fool you all into thinking Evan is reading to us in the video below, I'm sure you'd realize too quickly that he has instead just memorized the book. The backstory:
As part of our bedtime ritual, we read books, and each child gets to pick one book. We go through phases where each night for like a week they pick the same book. A lot of times, it happens to be whatever they've picked up at the library. This last week the two books we got were a Sleeping Beauty book for Caitlin and a Mater Spy book for Evan. I kid you not, after reading the Mater book just a handful of times, Evan was reading it back to us! Usually I let him finish the sentences or throw in some of the words to keep him engaged but he knew it word for word the entire way through. I was so impressed with how quickly he was able to memorize it. I'm sure that's on par for other kids his age, but it still blows my mind that kids can memorize the book without being able to read so quickly. Now, he reads to us before bedtime!
Well, sort of :) As much as I'd love to fool you all into thinking Evan is reading to us in the video below, I'm sure you'd realize too quickly that he has instead just memorized the book. The backstory:
As part of our bedtime ritual, we read books, and each child gets to pick one book. We go through phases where each night for like a week they pick the same book. A lot of times, it happens to be whatever they've picked up at the library. This last week the two books we got were a Sleeping Beauty book for Caitlin and a Mater Spy book for Evan. I kid you not, after reading the Mater book just a handful of times, Evan was reading it back to us! Usually I let him finish the sentences or throw in some of the words to keep him engaged but he knew it word for word the entire way through. I was so impressed with how quickly he was able to memorize it. I'm sure that's on par for other kids his age, but it still blows my mind that kids can memorize the book without being able to read so quickly. Now, he reads to us before bedtime!
Anyway, here's a video of him reading it. You might have to turn up the volume since he was not reading very loudly. If you don't see the video below, just click on this link and it will take you to the video:

No comments:
Post a Comment