Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Break 2012 - Cameron Park Zoo

I had a few days off during Spring Break so like last year, Ange and I took our kiddos up to Cameron Park Zoo in Waco.  It is a really great zoo for young kids and usually not too crowded. This year, we actually did hit a bit of a crowd since Waco's spring break fell the same week. But, we got there early and got through most of it before it filled up.  Only downside was another Evan meltdown about going potty... but we weathered it okay.

First stop, the Tigers!

Kids posing by a waterfall... which Caitlin wanted nothing to do with.

Riding the Kimono dragon (statue)

Neigh! Ride 'em cowboy.

Avery and Caitlin on their horse

AJ and Caitlin playing bells.  This was really neat actually. I have a video that I'm embedding just below of all 4 kids playing them.  You just step on them to make them ring. So fun! (If this is the email version, just click on Happenings in the Stacer Household above and it will take you to the actual blog where you can view the video.)


Elephants!

Rhinos!

Evan and Caitlin in the reptile building admiring the snakes

Giraffes! I love how at this zoo, they have a platform at giraffe height where you can get really close.

The kids checking out the fish.

AJ on the otter slide (a cool slide that goes through the otter pool.)

Evan's turn!

Avery's turn. (Caitlin wouldn't go down)

After meltdown and lunch, we came back into the park to play on the playground for a bit.

My two cuties

Caitlin the butterfly

My love bugs!

Evan the butterfly

Overall, it was a great trip and kids did beautifully in the car. What a fun way to spend a day of our spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment