Our family had a wonderful time at Disney World. We had been looking forward to this trip for months and it really was fantastic. We already want to go back! Because it was so great, we took a LOT of pictures so I'll be dividing up the posts to make them readable. Enjoy!
Saturday, we flew to Orlando on a direct flight (yeah) and everything went very smoothly. We got our rental mini-van, went to the hotel, went grocery shopping, and went to bed. Just to give some background - we stayed at the Hilton Vacation Club which was outside of Disney but very close (stayed for free thanks to Mom and Grandpa!). The rooms were very spacious with our own kitchen (we shared a 2-bedroom with Bryce's parents). We had a lot of people on this trip: the 4 of us, Bryce's parents, my sister and Casey, my brother, my mom, and my grandpa. If you ask me, the only way to vacation is with lots of family!
On Sunday, we got up and went to Hollywood Studios. I had been iffy about going here hearing mixed things about it. While it's true they have very few rides, I thought it was a nice way to ease into all the parks. As soon as we got there, we saw Buzz Lightyear so we stopped to get some pictures:
This was our first Character meet n greet. My kids love Toy Story but neither wanted their picture taken with Buzz. Evan was totally against it and Caitlin only did it because I held her. Needless to say I was worried about all the character meals I'd planned!
After that, we walked around and went to some shows. We did the Little Mermaid Show, and then Beauty and the Beast.
We loved the Toy Story Mania ride (better than a similar version in Magic Kingdom). We brought our own lunches into the park so stopped to have a bite.
After lunch, we rode the Aerosmith roller coaster (just mommy, daddy, and papa). That was a fun ride. We headed over to the movie set portion and played on the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground which Evan just loved. I wish we'd had more time for him to run around there.
Then, we went to the Lights, Motors Stunt Show. This was pretty cool both for the kids and the adults. It was long but we all liked it.
It even had a surprise guest (click on video below)!
After that, we saw a Muppets show in 3D which was neat and even better, just outside was a Character Meet n Greet we couldn't miss!
My kids are holding their ears because the cars were revving their engines!
Finally, we saw the Pixar parade with lots of our favorite characters.
And that was it! We had to leave the park a little early as we were going to Chef Mickey's for dinner. I'll do a separate post on that because this one is already long enough! We didn't fit EVERYTHING in but we did do a lot that day. We never waited too long for anything (taking advantage of the Fastpasses). The kids did well without napping until the car ride to dinner. Lots more to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment