For dinner on our first night, we all went to Chef Mickey's which is a character dinner inside of the Contemporary Resort (the one the monorail goes right through). This meant all 11 of us together! Before we sat down at our table, we did get to take a group photo.
(I actually have a better one but it's not on my computer)
I have to say that the food was excellent. I was really surprised because it's just a buffet but I am not kidding. Everyone thought it was really great. And this was the first time the kids got to meet all the characters.... Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, and Goofy! Needless to say, they were excited.
First up was Goofy! We opted for the family pic. Just to give you an idea, you are sitting down eating and all the characters come by as you are eating. And they usually are one right after the other as they make their way across the room. We had multiple people taking pictures so some of mine are not the best. I need to get copies of my sister and MIL.
The mouse himself!
My mom and Grandpa with Mickey - he is signing their autograph books. This was fun to do throughout the parks too. We had a little book that each character would sign. Nothing fancy but we enjoyed getting all their autographs. I saw a cute idea of having people sign a mat (like for a picture frame). Then you can frame a cute picture from the trip and it will have all the signatures on it... Totally doing it next time we go!
Aunt Baba with the kids and Pluto
Minnie Mouse with the girls (and Evan)
Donald Duck - for some reason, Evan LOVED him
They also do this song where the characters are sort of dancing and twirling napkins around so Evan got into the fun :)
That was it for the dinner! We really enjoyed it and I was glad all 11 of us could do one of the meals together. Hopefully they enjoyed it as much as we did. It was a great way to meet the characters and enjoy some delicious food.

No comments:
Post a Comment