Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bluebonnet Pictures 2011

It wouldn't be spring in Texas without the annual bluebonnet pictures!  This year, I was all excited to get professional bluebonnet pictures.  No more pics with my poor photography skills - although maybe if I had a new camera and potrait lens... ;)  I had bought this groupon back in September to get them done.  Little did we know 9 months ago when I made the appointment that the bluebonnets would be not so great this year. (Last year they were amazing all over the city.)  As I mentioned in the last post, we still got our family pictures with the groupon, just not of the bluebonnets.  Well, I ended up finding a great little patch so this week I took the kids over to it on Wednesday to try and get some pics before they disappear.  Let's just say me, by myself, trying to take pictures of two mobile kids was probably hilarious to anyone watching!

I think I ended up with a couple good ones (out of the nearly 200 pictures I took).  Still didn't get a good one of both kids looking at me and smiling - I mean, really, is that too much to ask??  However, I did get some cute ones of each kid individually.  And you know what the great thing is about bluebonnets??  I can try again next year :)

Enjoy the pics!


These are probably the best pictures I got of the two of them together.


Caitlin was pretty happy at first





But she didn't want to sit still - just wanted to run around!

 Evan was great about actually sitting down in the bluebonnets and letting me snap some photos. The hardest part is getting him to smile! He just does not do it on command like some kids. He really needs a reason to be smiling/laughing!



Oh, and Caitlin thought the bluebonnets were delicious! Here she is trying to eat them :)

I tried to get them to hold hands - Evan was great about it but Caitlin wanted no part and kept trying to pull away which only made Evan mad.  Getting pictures of them together was so much work!


Until next year! Let's hope for better bluebonnets and maybe another try at professional pictures!

1 comment:

  1. those are really cute! I hear ya on the sibling picture- its sooo hard! comical really! I love her piggie tales and her precious outfit! perfect! I am impressed that you found a good field too! I am thinking next year sounds good! :)

    ReplyDelete