Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

Ever since I had Evan, I have been wanting to take him to a pumpkin patch to snap those cute pictures I always see of other kids.  So, a few Mommy friends and I planned a trip this past Friday to Sweet Berry Farms.  It's about an hour away so kind of a drive but well worth it.  We had so much fun.  Aunt Michelle joined us and boy was she a life saver!!  It's so much easier to take two kids anywhere if there's help, and she is fantastic help!

They have a great setup for picture taking and it not being a weekend was a big bonus as far as how crowded it was.  I was hoping to get some super cute shots of the two kids but let's just say I didn't have the most cooperative bunch.  Evan was much more interested in running around with Avery than even thinking of sitting still for a photograph.  Caitlin was much more interested in eating the grass than looking at the camera.  So, my dreams of those cute pumpkin pictures of the two kids is kaput.  I never did get a shot of the two of them together.  Still, I got a few that I like so I'm posting those.  And even if I didn't get those great pics I was hoping for, the kids had a blast.  We petted some goats and went on a cool hayride and bought some pumpkins and enjoyed spending time with the other moms and kids.  Evan and Avery were like two peas in a pod the whole day.  He really loves hanging out with her.  The entire ride there he kept asking, "Where's Avery? I want to see Avery!".  And later that day, we headed to the Blankenships for a BBQ with friends.  Again, the two of them were inseparable.  It's cute to see how much he enjoys playing with another friend.  Overall, it was a wonderful day!!

Evan and Avery posing

Caitlin with the pumpkins

Evan chasing Avery - this was what he did for most of the picture taking

Evan riding the pumpkins in a boat

Evan pulling Avery in the boat

Avery pulling Evan in the boat

Riding the tractor - now this WAS one shot I could get him to sit still for... the problem was getting him OFF the tractor

Caitlin and I - finally a cute picture!

Driving the boat of pumpkins - with Avery of course

Mama and Evan

The only pic I got of them together

Evan talking to the goat

Aunt Shell and Evan petting the goat

HAYRIDES ARE SO COOL!

Look, a neigh-neigh!

The wee ones on the hay ride

That was an awesome hayride with Aunt Shell!  Probably the best picture of Evan from the entire day. I think he had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment