Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fun times in Indy

While we were in Indy for my mom's surprise party, we had time to do some fun activities.  One of our favorites is visiting the Children's museum.  It's an amazing place for kids and Evan always has so much fun.  They were having their Haunted House also so we were able to take the kids through that (it's lights on during the day for the little ones).  We had a blast.

Wee!

In the dinosphere looking at bones

Caitlin checking things out

Trains!  We missed this part last time so he loved watching all the trains.

I think one of these is in his future... he loves these train tables.

At the entrance to the Haunted House (no  pictures inside)

Another picture before Skeletown

At the end of the haunted house

Pictures with Oma and Mema - and our friend Skele

The carousel! I loved this carousel when I was little and so does Evan. I love to watch him ride it. Brings back lots of great memories.

Caitlin took a turn on a horse too

Caitlin and Oma and Mema

Here is a video of Evan pretending to slide like a penguin.  This was in the Arctic exhibit they had.  He had so much fun doing this.  Kept going back to do it again once he figured it out.

We had a blast. My mom bought a membership so I think we'll be going back to the museum every time we come into town.  There are always new exhibits and still more things we haven't done.  Can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks like you guys had a great time. A friend of ours bought us a membership to the Austin Children's Museum and we are going to try to go soon. Probably when Dave's parents are in town for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, let us know when you go or if you ever want to go. We also have a membership to the Austin Children's Museum and I need to justify having it by going more!!

    ReplyDelete