My sister was always planning on being home this past weekend as she was in Chicago for work. So, the plan was that she would occupy my mom all day. I flew in that morning with the two kids and Mema picked us up at the airport. Then, we picked up my brother and began a mad dash of preparing for the party. We picked up the cake and the ham/turkey. We took the kids back to my mom's house so they could nap and then my brother and I headed to the grocery. We had to do all the grocery shopping and prepare the food in about 3 hours! My cousin Ann came over early to help (and obviously Mema was there too) so thank goodness they were there! Everything was ready on time and people began arriving around 5pm. My mom and sister were supposed to arrive around 5:45pm. Becca and I texted each other as it got closer so we could be ready. Finally, they arrived! Here's a video of the surprise. (Sorry for the small break in the video at the beginning... I accidentally pressed the stop button for just a second).
She was so surprised if you can't tell. Really, she had no clue. Everyone did a fabulous job of keeping it secret. It was a lot of fun to plan and see how thrilled and excited she was. Thank you again to everyone for making it possible.
I took some more pictures of the party so here are those. I will post Caitlin's 9 month info soon too... I thought I should get this posted first for all those who were there or couldn't be there and wanted to see it.
Mom and Ella looking at old pictures she brought
Cousin Ann and Tom
Mark, Charlie, and George
Mark and Linda holding Caitlin
Debbie, Ann, and Becca
Will kept an eye on the kids outside - Evan is playing with Matt R.'s little girls
Happy Birthday Mom!
Yeah! Evan enjoyed the singing
Thanks again everyone! This was a really special day and I'm so happy you could all be a part of it. My mom is such a wonderful person that she deserves a very special celebration and this was perfect! Love you Mom!
P.S. Side note - yes, I flew with both kids BY MYSELF! Just wanted to let you know that it went well. Evan was pretty well behaved and Caitlin was good as well. It's definitely difficult to manage but there were nice people around on each flight who were very helpful. I'd definitely do it again... but maybe not right away :)

No comments:
Post a Comment