Monday, March 8, 2010

Reading!

Sorry for the delay in blogging, but I've been busy and when it comes to nap time, it's rare that both kids will give me the time to blog and at night, I'm just too tired.  But, for a few moments today, I'm getting that chance so I'm seizing it! 

First, things are going well.  Caitlin slept for almost 6 hours last night!  It was heavenly.  Let's hope it's a trend and not a one night deal.  Also, she has stopped taking the pacifier... that lasted a few days and now she just doesn't want anything to do with it. On one hand, yeah because it's something I won't have to worry about resolving later in life. On the other hand, it was so convenient for Evan because it would calm him down so well when you are in those situations where you just need to quiet them down.  Like the grocery store for instance where on Sunday, Caitlin cried the entire trip!  Sorry all those people shopping at HEB on Sunday morning.  Still, she's doing great health wise.  She really tracks you with her eyes now.  Not smiling just yet (except in her sleep or when she's you-know-whating) but I think she's close.  She's also holding her head up really well.

Evan is also good.  He had some stomach bug last week (which he then passed to me, then to Bryce, then to Casey, then to Becca) but otherwise has been healthy.  We bought him a soccer ball which he LOVES!  Any ball really and you can't go wrong in his eyes. The weather is finally getting nice here so we are playing outside whenever we get the chance.  He's always loved to read, but now, he just climbs in his chair and grabs a book and starts reading. It's so cute.  He blabs like he's really reading it. He knows when it's upside down.  He'll also grab a book and come sit in my lap to read.  Melts my heart! I attempted to take a video but just know that it doesn't do it justice...



 
I signed Evan up for preschool in the fall.  It's just two days a week but I thought it would be good for him to interact with other kids some of the time.  We try and go to playdates but when I'm back at work and he's with the nanny, I wasn't sure if he'd have those same opportunities.  I know a few people who go to this one and love it so hopefully he does as well!  

Lunch with Avery

Wearing Daddy's shoes (he loves to put on other peoples shoes)

My precious ones

1 comment:

  1. Is this plagiarism? Have you been memorizing our blog? I can't wait for everyone to be well so we can have a play date. -Grant

    ReplyDelete