Helping you keep up with what is going on in the lives of Bryce, Kathryn, Evan, Caitlin, and Ryan!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Kite Festival
On Sunday, I took Evan and Caitlin to the kite festival down at Zilker Park. It was the perfect day for a kite festival... sunny, warm, and just a little windy. We met Aunt Michelle and Uncle Brett down there since there is no way I could have managed two kids at that by myself (Bryce was working if you were curious). I wore Caitlin in the Bjorn and put Evan in the jogging stroller. Once we got to Zilker, he pretty much walked most of the time, and Aunt Michelle did a great job keeping track of him for me! We bought a cheap $5 kite so he could participate. That little kite was awesome! Brett was the master kite flyer and got ours all the way up. We let Evan fly it once it was up and he was so cute flying the kite (see the video):
We had some lunch at the park and met up with some friends at the festival. Then, it was time to head home since it was getting to be nap time. Overall, a great time! Thanks Brett and Michelle for helping me!!
Caitlin and I - doesn't the weather look gorgeous?
The 3 of us
Evan and Matilda
View of downtown with all the kites overhead
Evan and his balloon - who needs kites when there are balloons!
I am mom to 3 kids: Evan, Caitlin, and Ryan. I am now contracting at Samsung after over 15 years at Freescale/NXP. It's a new adventure for sure. My husband Bryce and I have been married for 13 years almost. We are both from the midwest originally but have convinced most of our family to move to Austin!
No comments:
Post a Comment