In early October, I took Ryan and flew to Oakland to visit some friends. This was the first time flying with Ryan since he was about 9 months old. Needless to say, it was a different experience! On the way there, he took a short nap but otherwise, we spent a lot of time playing and looking out the window. Fortunately, it was a beautiful view as we came into Oakland.
We met up with my friend Kristin from college and her husband Danny and son Brock! We were staying with them for the first 2 nights. The next day, we all took a bike ride to a nearby park. Here are Brock and Ryan before the ride.
Kristin and I hiked up to the top of the ridge while Danny watched the two boys. Beautiful!
The next morning, we made our way to Peets for some live music. Ryan really wanted to help strum the guitar!
And he conned Danny into sharing his oatmeal! Who could say no to him??
Then, we met up with Katy and went hiking in Joaquin Miller Park.
Best picture I could get of all 5 of us! Yes, Ryan is eating the rocks.... I think Brock is wondering if that's a good idea or not...
The next day, Katy and I headed into San Fran to go walking along the Bay. It was a gorgeous morning - the fog was settling right under the bridge and then would dissipate right at Alcatraz.
Katy and Ryan - fast friends
A shot of the fog on the Golden Gate Bridge
Katy and Ryan watching the waves
Ryan on the beach
Our attempt at a selfie of the 3 of us
Later that day, we went to a nearby park that has miniature trains and a botanical garden!
We enjoyed wondering around the botanical garden - me and my baby boy
Ryan LOVED the train ride - he was a little upset it had to end
And then the next morning, it was time to say goodbye to our friends. We had such a great trip. Thanks Katy and Kristin (and Rob and Danny and Brock) for making us so welcome. We loved getting to visit with all of you. I hope it's not so long before our next get-together.
Fun times at the airport - I think we rode this moving walkway for at least a half hour!


Like!
ReplyDelete