I think everyone was ready for school to start. And this year, we knew who would be coming to our door for Welcome Walk - Ms. Vaclavik! Evan was going to be having his Kindergarten teacher for first grade which we had known about last year.
Here is Evan and Ms. V at Welcome Walk!
Caitlin had to be a part of it too - she is so ready to be going to school!
We went up to school to drop off supplies and see his room. In first grade, they each get a desk to keep their own supplies in.
Ms. V and Evan at supply drop-off.
He had to make a poster to take to school the first day. I let him do al the writing and I just got the pictures for him.
Here's the first day of school sign. We actually took this picture the night before since last year we learned that it's still dark when you go to the bus on the first day!!
Waiting at the bus stop
Evan and his best buddy Alex at school. I raced up there after putting him on the bus to walk him to class.
Ms. V had an assignment for them to start on right away while all the students came in. After that, I had to say goodbye to my first grader!! The time is going too quckly.
And getting off the bus on the first day
So far, things are going well. I can't believe all the things they are learning in first grade and how much Evan's reading is progressing. We have our ups and downs and there are definitely new challenges he is facing this year. But through it all, he is still always eager to please, responsible, friendly, and sweet. Hope first grade is another great year for you Evan!


No comments:
Post a Comment