Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Michigan 2012 - Part 8

Part8, really?  I swear, just one more post I think after this one. There are just too many cute pictures to leave any out! As I mentioned before, what we love to do the most when we are at Mema and Papa's is go on the boat!  The kids loves it and when it's hot, it's a great way to cool off.

So, this post if all about boating!
The kids always enjoy driving the boat with Papa. Evan's up first! He actually steers all by himself (for the most part).

Caitlin's old enough for a turn!

Cute picture of Evan and Mema

Cute pic of Caitlin and Oma

Daddy and Evan enjoying the ride


The two kids looking out the front of the boat.


 As I also mentioned, Evan's new favorite activity is tubing. We had the chance to visit with lots of friends while in Michigan. One day, we drove down to the Detroit area to see some of them.  Our first stop was to see Bryce's friend Joel and his wonderful family.  They live on a lake as well so after a yummy lunch, we loaded up in the boat and hit the lake.
Bryce, Graham, and Evan took a turn on the tube

We stopped for a swim break so the guys hopped in the water with the kids.

Caitlin and Graham after swimming

A different day, Bryce's friend Justin and his family came up to visit.  We enjoyed another fun day on the water.
Mackenzie, Bryce, and Evan are ready for tubing!

Caitlin, Beth, and Ethan

Justin and the kids took a turn

And then we let Evan and Mackenzie go by themselves in the smaller tube.

We enjoyed seeing all of our friends (including some more buddies of Bryce's that I just forgot to take pictures).  It was nice we could coordinate seeing them while we were visiting Michigan since we just don't get to see them enough.

And finally a few more boating pics (so I can wrap up the trip with one last post).

Evan and I on the boat - my sweet boy!

Giving Papa kisses (who's driving this thing?)

Caitlin enjoying the breeze

Mema and Caitlin having fun

And last me and my precious baby girl!


1 comment:

  1. It was so fun. I wish we were able to get together more often! I still need to send you the pics from that day. I promise I will do that soon.

    ReplyDelete