Monday, August 13, 2012

Michigan 2012 - Part 5

At this point, I'm sure you can't believe we still aren't even half way done with our trip! I know I'm not doing a great job of keeping up but I will at least try to finish this trip because it was so much fun!

As I said in the last post, our next adventure was a trip to Mackinac Island.  As soon as we landed on the island, we checked into our hotel, had lunch, then headed for the fort!
Family pic at the entrance

The fort is pretty well preserved and inside each of the buildings they have setups like the one below:
Picture of the general store/supply area for the fort

Evan and Caitlin in one of the watch towers

One of the cannons overlooking the port

All 5 of us with a smaller cannon

Here is a picture of the rifle demonstration where they actually fired the rifles. It was VERY loud and caused Caitlin to go hysterical.  And since this point (even still today), she seems deathly afraid of loud noises.  Let's just say 4th of July after this was NOT fun for her!

Evan and Caitlin participating in a kids tours

Part of the tour including playing games - here Evan and I pass a ring

Caitlin felt the ring was a better necklace than game.

Inside the kids area, Evan got to play with a wooden rifle. 

Everyone got to wear some fun hats...

Caitlin and Mommy with fun hats 
And one last picture from the top of the fort while we waited for some rain to pass.

Picture of our hotel on Main Street

The next day, we rented some bikes after breakfast and rode around the island.
First stop... Arch Rock!

Daddy and Evan - he is in a weehoo which attaches to a normal bike but has pedals so he was able to "help" Daddy.

Mom got her very own bike

And Caitlin got to ride with me in another weehoo!

We stopped to build a cairn.

Family picture towards the end of the ride

Evan LOVED riding the bike! 

After that, we grabbed some lunch (and fudge of course - can't leave Mackinac Island without a lot of fudge) and then headed back to the mainland. We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment