I know, finally we are to the end of our trip. It was so much fun and the kids really enjoyed it. Even the driving was not bad if you ask me. I know I'm lucky that my kids do so well in the car. They have their moments for sure, but I really can't complain considering we push them to do 19 hours in one day! They are such troopers. I think I see a lot of summers in Michigan in our future.
Our last post will just be the kind of last days we spent together which included the 4th of July. Normally, there are a ton of people up at the lake with lots of fireworks on the 4th. However, since it was in the middle of the week, it wasn't as crowded or as many fireworks. That actually turned out well because Caitlin is deathly afraid of fireworks. She screams and covers her ears. There were still enough fireworks that in the evenings, she'd have a tough time if she wasn't already asleep.
I bought this super cute dress at a consignment sale and although she probably won't wear it more than once, it was totally worth it. I made her do a little photo shoot for me in front of Mema's hydrangeas. Love some of these pictures!
And then I tried to get a few of her with us although she wasn't that interested anymore.
We gave Caitlin this headband for the loud booms to cover her ears
We spent our last time on the lake at pontoon alley where we got Evan one of those water squirters which he loved.
Getting Daddy's back (because we don't shoot people's faces)
Shooting up into the air is also acceptable
Anytime there is a loud noise, Caitlin wanted her ears covered
And finally, the neighbors next to Papa have some grandkids a little older than Evan (Nate and Ryan). He LOVES to play with them and he was old enough this year to jump of their dock with them. They seriously did this for hours. I loved watching them having so much fun together.
Evan doing the "butt sitter" which he kept calling the baby sitter. (The older kids name all their jumps.)
Caitlin wanted in on the fun too
And finally our last photo - the kids and Mema/Papa.
What a wonderful trip! Thanks everyone for letting me drag this out so I could include all the pictures. Can't wait for more family trips back to the Midwest.

No comments:
Post a Comment