After Mackinac Island, we were driving down to Mema and Papa's house near Midland. We happened to go right through Grayling, Michigan. For those who don't know, my family spent many summers here as my dad was in the National Guard. He had to come every summer for 2 weeks so our family would usually come up for one week. I have so many wonderful memories of things we would do throughout Grayling and Michigan.
One of those things is going to Hartwick Pines State Park. We have such great pictures of us kids there in these giant wagon wheels. I was thrilled when Bryce agreed that we could stop there briefly on our way to take pictures of our kids in those same wheels. So, here they are! Makes my heart so happy to see them.
These wheels are part of a whole logging trail (as this area was a big logging area). So, we ended up doing the entire walk. Below is from a small church there. I just thought it was so pretty with the light.
On our walk
I think she's having fun!
And he is too!
I'd say it was a good stop and so glad to share this memory with my own kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment