Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Prairie Creek Trail

Our first day at Redwoods National Park was pretty packed.  We started the morning at Prairie Creek State Park.  The interesting thing about Redwoods National Park is that it's actually a combination of state/national parks areas that are all combined.  Here are some pictures from our first hike.

Evan at the base of one of the first redwoods on the hike

Evan and Matilda going through "the tunnel". Do you like their walking sticks?

Evan, Caitlin, and I at "the tunnel".

Here is Evan peeing in the woods! I had to take a picture. I'll do a whole 'nother blog post on how he is doing AWESOME at potty training... for now though, here Bryce is showing him how guys pee outside. The first time he said he needed to go potty on the hike, I attempted to help him but instead got pee all over my hands!! So next time it happened, I told Bryce he needed to show him how guys did it.  And Evan did a great job! He is now rather good at peeing and standing.  (FYI: in potty training, we've been having him sit so this standing thing was new).

Evan and Daddy at another "tunnel"

A really big redwood called "The Big Tree" (hard to see in the picture just how tall it was). 

After the hike, we relaxed near Elk Prairie to snack. Caitlin enjoyed running around after being carried for most of the hike.


No comments:

Post a Comment