Monday, September 27, 2010

Caitlin - Eight Months!

So I finally got some new markers (even though they aren't the same ones - I went to 3 stores trying to find them with no luck).  And that means I finished Caitlin's sign and took her 8 month pictures.  Every month when I go to write her update, I am surprised at how fast it's going and how much she's changing.  This month was filled with lots of fun around town.  We've been to many playdates in the last month.  Evan started preschool so Caitlin gets some one on one time with our nanny Elizabeth!
There was no Doctor's appt this month so it's just a guess at Caitlin's stats.  I think she's about 16.5lbs and 26 inches.  She is sleeping great still with about 1.5 hour morning nap, at least 2 hour afternoon nap, and from 8pm-7am overnight.  She's eating fruit/cereal in the morning and a vegetable in the evening.  We started giving her formula this month and she's taking it just fine.  We've been mixing it with breast milk so I think that has eased the transition so for now, she's getting both still.  I'll try to continue giving her both as long as possible. 

In the past month, Caitlin has gotten even closer to crawling.  (Well, as of the writing of this blog, she has actually started crawling, but technically by her 8 month birthday last week, we weren't counting it yet so this blog will say she hasn't crawled and the next one will say she has.)  She's gotten her two bottom teeth! They didn't seem to bother her too much. She loves to sit and play with toys.  Her hair is getting so long that I try to pull it back so it's out of her eyes.  But I'm not cutting it because I'm looking forward to putting it in pretty pigtails and ponytails.  She has really started paying attention to Evan.  He'll play peak-a-boo with her in the car and bring her toys.  It's so sweet. He likes to feed her puffs too.  She rides in the stroller without her carseat.  She loves to clap her hands. She loves to talk and makes sounds like ba, da, and ma. She is just the most precious little girl, and we love watching her grow.


I'm doing a new thing here - embedding the 8 month photo album as a slideshow.  So, if you click on it, it should pop up the window of her 8 month photo album on picasa.  It's also over on the right hand side of the blog if you want to view it there.

Caitlin - Eight Months

No comments:

Post a Comment