Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Day of School!

Today was Evan's first day of preschool.  I debated about whether to send him to preschool this year or next, but I decided back in February that it might be good socializing for him.  Let's hope it was the right decision!  We had meet the teacher on Tuesday where we left him with the teacher for about 45 min while we went to an assembly with the director.  There was a lot of tears on his part so I was very anxious for today.  I got him all ready this morning.  He wasn't being very cooperative with the picture taking, but I managed to snap a few photos.  We saw Avery on the way in and he was happy to see her.  Then, I took him to his classroom.  As soon as we got in there, he just clinged to me and started crying.  So, I gave him a quick kiss, told him I loved him and Miss Elizabeth would pick him up, set him on the teachers lap, and headed out the door.  I spent the entire day just waiting for my nanny to pick him up and call me with how it went. The teacher told her that he did cry quite a bit that day but it was all pretty normal for kids his age.  So, we will hope that it gets better each time we go as I do think he'll enjoy it.

Anyway, here are the photos I did get.  And cute story... the kids sit in the hall while they wait for parent pickup.  I guess Evan and Avery sat next to each other.  Avery's mom arrived first and apparently she was just balling when she came out to the car.  Well, Ange didn't know what was wrong and was concerned.  She pulled over and asked her.  Avery was upset that Evan was left all alone.  She said he was calling her name, "Avery, Avery, Avery."  She called to tell me as Avery wanted to check on Evan.  So, I called her as soon as the nanny called me so she knew he got picked up okay.  Too cute!


Evan's backpack and lunch bag

Ready for school!

Maybe ready for school?

Ready or not...

1 comment:

  1. he is so sweet! :) Alex is right there with em! haha I said "Alex, did you see how the other kids werent crying?" He said "Evan was crying too." He's too smart! And Evan was so cute at pickup- I went in to get Alex and there was a shoe on the ground right next to him. I looked around and here came Evan without a shoe. Looking super cute to boot! Apparently he was ready to go home shoe or not! :)

    ReplyDelete