Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Caitlin turns 6 months!

My precious little girl has just turned 6 months old.  I can't believe it!  It seems like just yesterday she was that tiny baby I loved to hold and have fall asleep on my shoulder all the time.  I can already see the day coming when she'll be like Evan and rarely want to cuddle.  It's going too fast! 

We went to the Dr. on Monday for her 6 month checkup.  She said she's doing great! Overall, the Doctor was very pleased and couldn't believe what a good girl she was. So calm. She had more vaccines though which is always sad. She cried of course (I mean, who wouldn't), but only for a brief minute.  Here are her stats:
Weight: 14 lbs, 13 oz (25%)
Height: 25.5 inches (50%)
Head: 17cm (75%)

Caitlin has achieved so many milestones this month.  She sits completely on her own, already past using the "tripod" method.  She rolls over and immediately rolls to her tummy when you lay her down.  She also always sleeps on her tummy now.  She takes her meals in her high chair.  She's done lots of new foods: rice cereal, oatmeal, barley cereal, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, and peas.  So far, she loves them all.  We'll start adding fruits to her morning cereal.  I'm sure she will love those if she's anything like her brother.  She's doing a great job of taking pretty much just 2 naps a day, always in her crib.  She goes to bed about 8pm and mostly sleeps until about 7am.  It makes me remember those first few weeks where it seems like they never sleep and you just pray for the strength to get to this point where they sleep so well. 

She loves her exersaucer and grabbing and putting everything in her mouth.  As you saw by the last post, she's teething we think.  Maybe this is TMI but I'm a mom and this is what we think about: because of all the solids, she's having those nice big girl poops which is great because we rarely have a blow out anymore!  On the other hand, we are still changing outfits because eating (and spitting up) is now a much more colorful and messy endeavor.  Love that Baby Oxi Clean!


 
We had a little 6 month celebration (mostly because we had one for Evan and I didn't want her to feel sad that we didn't do the same for her).  I decorated a little cake, we sang happy birthday, and took pictures. 

Here's the cake I made

Family photo

Caitlin and her cake - don't worry, Aunt Baba was right there to catch her if she decided to wobble any!

Evan enjoying the cake too although he kept calling it ice cream

I think he likes it!

1 comment:

  1. Kathryn, ever since I've known you, you've made life look so easy. Now that you have a family, the grace and success you show balancing everything, including this blog, makes me excited to have a family of my own. Thanks for keeping up the blog- it makes me feel close even though we are so far away. Helsinki feels like Duluth though.

    ReplyDelete