Thursday, July 8, 2010

Swim Lessons

This summer I decided I'd start Evan with some swim lessons.  I've heard both good and bad things about them for kids his age so I debated.  But, there's a woman who lives in our neighborhood who teaches them right at our pool, and it's a one-on-one lesson for a good price.  I figured what was there to lose?  We could try a few, see how it goes, and then reevaluate.  After evaluating, I have to say they are going really well.  I'm so impressed with how he's taking all of it.  We have had 3 lessons now and have done so much. 

He kicks in the water.
He holds onto the side of the pool by himself.
He moves his arms.
He started swimming with this little backpack thing.



He uses the kick board.
He jumps from the side onto my arm.
He does dolphin dips where we kind of dip him under the water and up to the wall.


And much more!

Here's a short video clip (sorry for the poor camera work but I was holding a baby and trying to film):

It's only a 30  min. lesson but since it's just us and the instructor, we really get a lot done.  There are definitely times where he doesn't want to be doing the exercises and wants to go play in the splash pool.  But overall, he is doing well and seems to be enjoying it.  This last week, Bryce had Monday off so he came with us to the lesson which gave me a chance to do some picture and video taking while I let him be part of the lesson.

After the lesson, we played in the splash pool for a bit

Fun with dad

No comments:

Post a Comment