Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth of July

I hope everyone had a fantastic Fourth of July weekend.  We had a pretty good weekend full of parties, housework, church, fireworks, nurseline, and swimming!  On Saturday, we headed to Alia Bergman's 4th birthday party (and 4th of July party).  Evan had SO much fun.  He enjoyed running around outside, playing ball, pulling on a pinata, and the crowns!  I thought there was no way he'd want to wear it, but he loved to wear it.  And he's worn it every day since as well.  We enjoyed socializing with friends and the yummy food.

Evan in his crown - he decorated it himself!


On Sunday, we were quite busy.  We headed over to Aunt Baba's house for food and fireworks. The weather was perfect - not too hot with a little bit of a breeze.  Poor Becca though - between all the kids she had over, there was poop, pee, and puke in her house!  Not sure what happened, but Caitlin threw up all over Becca when she was holding her. And not spit up, I mean, had to take a shower throw up.  But, that was it.  She was a little fussy but no fever, and she didn't throw up again. I called the nurseline for some tips and had Caitlin sleep in our room that night because I worry. But, she seems fine (although maybe a little bit of a cold).

Caitlin (pre-puke)


Evan and Avery - they had so much fun together. And, Evan can say her name!

Me and Evan at the lake pre-fireworks

The fireworks were great. We walked to the lake to watch them (as Becca lives right there), and they were gorgeous over the water. Evan LOVED them.  This was the first year he's seen them and he was fascinated!  He would say, "Wa-pow" or "Pow" when they would explode.  So cute. I took lots of video/pictures so here are some.

Michelle, Brett, and Evan before they started

Evan and I during the show

Overall, a great 4th of July.  Monday we did a swim lesson so I'll post some pics/video of that next time I get a moment.


Firework videos - sorry for the poor camera work:

This video is the beginning of the fireworks. I was trying out the "night vision" feature on my camera! It's a little creepy!

Here you can hear Evan talking about the fireworks - wapow!

Last video - Evan enjoyed his glow in the dark necklace too!




No comments:

Post a Comment