Thursday, April 22, 2010

Florida Part 1

I have some time this afternoon while the kids are sleeping so I thought I'd start blogging about our trip to Florida since I know it will take more than one post anyway so consider this Part 1.

The first thing to discuss is the drive. We left about 6am last Saturday.  Kids slept most of the way to Houston where we stopped to have breakfast/visit with my friend Andy.  That was great because Evan got to run around, I could feed Caitlin, get everyone changed, and visit with my friend.  We got back on the road and drove to Lake Charles where we stopped for lunch and played. Kids were pretty good along that stretch as well. We continued on our trip and made a rest stop in Mississippi where they had a bunch of NASA stuff for Evan to see.  He ran around with Aunt Becca while I fed Caitlin.  After that, we didn't stop until just past Mobile for dinner.  From then on though, both kids were pretty much done with the trip.   Overall, they did great in the car except for about the last hour when they'd had it.  I don't blame them either.  Evan was actually very well behaved the whole trip. It was definitely more difficult with Caitlin than Evan but even then I was surprised how well she did.

So, we got to Florida and have been having a great time.  Evan is loving being with Oma (Grandma Linda) and Cousin Annie.  They keep him entertained.  We've been to the beach twice and the pool once.  We also went on a hike at the Naval Live Oaks.  We take walks in the morning... I just got a new double BOB and I love it!  We have seen our family that lives here and my Grandpa Richard who came down as well.  The weather has been fantastic.  I got to spend an afternoon at the spa and also got my haircut. 

The big news is Caitlin.  She turned 3 months old this week!  She is getting so big.  I figured I really needed to work on the bottle with her as she has not been taking one.  We've tried numerous types of bottles and every time, she just mouths it and eventually starts crying.  So, we've really been working on it this week.  A couple times she has actually taken it but she still isn't great with it.  I hope she gets better because Mommy needs some time to herself!

Overall, it's been a great trip.  We are heading to New Orleans tomorrow and then home on Saturday.  I'll blog more about the rest of the trip later.  Here are some pics!

Caitlin at the beach

Evan trying out the water

Evan playing in the sand

Aunt Marty, Oma, Evan, Uncle Jim, and Great Grandpa Richard

Four generations!

Evan and Aunt Baba on a walk

Me, Caitlin, Oma, and Evan
Aunt Marty and Caitlin

2 comments:

  1. Kathryn, your hair looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, I am jealous of the sun and sand! and your cute new hair!! love it! :)

    ReplyDelete