Thursday, April 29, 2010

Caitlin Turns 3 MONTHS!

It's a momentous occasion in the life of a baby... the three month mark (4th trimester some say).  And I can't agree with whomever that is more.  This is my favorite time for having a little one (at least in my limited experience so far).  Why you might ask?  Because they aren't as needy as a newborn but still just so small, adorable, cuddly, and peaceful.  And Caitlin is all of those things.

Here's the update... note that these stats are all based on my rudimentary measuring skills (i.e. tape measurer and somewhat broken scale).  She's 12.5 lbs and 22.5 inches.  Still has all her hair and beautiful brown eyes.  She's very alert, smiley, and talkative - like she's trying to talk but just making cute cooing noises.  She has great head control (can use the bumbo now). She still is not doing a great job with the bottle. I really need to work on that some more but I hate hearing her cry.  She has discovered her hands and loves to put them in her mouth - especially that thumb.  Oh, she laughs!!  Her favorite place to relax is the swing (she takes most of her naps there).  And best of all, she's sleeping through the night in her own crib!  That's right folks.  The night we moved her from our room to her own room, she slept right on through... 9:30pm - 8am.  And it's now been 4 nights in a row of this.  Incredible I tell you!  With Evan, he never slept through until we sort of made him around 5 months.  I feel like a new mother with all the sleep I am getting.  Now, I am usually up before both kids!

I've posted her 3 month pictures on our picasa website (also see the slide show on the right hand side of the blog).  It's different with the 2nd child... with Evan, I was always so excited for him to get older and reach a new milestone like crawling, eating solids, etc.  With Caitlin, it's totally the opposite.  I want her to stay this sweet little baby for as long as possible and who cares when she crawls or does whatever.  She's so precious right now.  We just had her 3 month photo shoot with our photographer.  If you want the link/password for the pictures, just email me or comment and I'll send it to you.  It's going by too fast!!


No comments:

Post a Comment