So, here they are! I found this small meadow of bluebonnets although I think technically, it might have been private property even if there was no sign. So, I took my pics quickly and left which is too bad because I really wanted to experiment with my new camera and try some interesting shots. Instead, I settled for trying to at least get one that looked good of the kids before I got busted for trespassing. Maybe next year when Caitlin is older and can sit up I'll actually pay for some good pictures. Or at least find a better spot where I'm not worried about being arrested! I hope you enjoy the pics. I actually think they turned out okay for my quick work. It was hard to get a good one of Caitlin since she couldn't sit up, but overall, I am happy with them. If there's time, maybe we'll try to get a family photo before they all disappear. Happy Spring!
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Bluebonnets!
If you live in Texas, then you understand this post and if you don't, here's a little explanation. What many people probably don't know about Texas is that they have gorgeous wildflowers (at least here in Central Texas). Every year in late March/early April, the roadsides and fields are filled with beautiful wildflowers, especially bluebonnets. Not being a native Texan, I have to say it really is awesome to see. And it is a Texas tradition to take pictures of your kids in the bluebonnets. People actually stop on the side of interstates in a patch of bluebonnets just to take these pictures. That seems a little too extreme to me. Last year, I took some with Evan in a poor patch of them at a park. This year, I was on the hunt for a better place and one that was not on the side of a major roadway.
So, here they are! I found this small meadow of bluebonnets although I think technically, it might have been private property even if there was no sign. So, I took my pics quickly and left which is too bad because I really wanted to experiment with my new camera and try some interesting shots. Instead, I settled for trying to at least get one that looked good of the kids before I got busted for trespassing. Maybe next year when Caitlin is older and can sit up I'll actually pay for some good pictures. Or at least find a better spot where I'm not worried about being arrested! I hope you enjoy the pics. I actually think they turned out okay for my quick work. It was hard to get a good one of Caitlin since she couldn't sit up, but overall, I am happy with them. If there's time, maybe we'll try to get a family photo before they all disappear. Happy Spring!
So, here they are! I found this small meadow of bluebonnets although I think technically, it might have been private property even if there was no sign. So, I took my pics quickly and left which is too bad because I really wanted to experiment with my new camera and try some interesting shots. Instead, I settled for trying to at least get one that looked good of the kids before I got busted for trespassing. Maybe next year when Caitlin is older and can sit up I'll actually pay for some good pictures. Or at least find a better spot where I'm not worried about being arrested! I hope you enjoy the pics. I actually think they turned out okay for my quick work. It was hard to get a good one of Caitlin since she couldn't sit up, but overall, I am happy with them. If there's time, maybe we'll try to get a family photo before they all disappear. Happy Spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

what a great field! where is it? those are some purdy pics and precious lil ones! :)
ReplyDeleteJust because Caitlin will be sitting up next year doesn't mean she'll be cooperative. We've already gone twice and are planning a 3rd attempt.
ReplyDeleteIf I had to photoshop together the faces of you and Bryce, the result would be exactly Evan. Caitlin looks so much like khammel!
ReplyDelete