Monday, May 9, 2016

The Rest of December 2015

After our trip to Disney, we had the usual end of the year craziness.  Christmas shopping, parties at school, and more!  I'm homeroom mom for both older kids classes this year so add that on top of everything... I was so glad for Christmas break!

Ryan's class decorated Christmas trees at their party.

This is how he ate his tree. So cute!

Caitlin and her wonderful teacher Ms. Ybarra.

My lovely Rudolph!

Evan's party was the one I had to completely plan. Fortunately, I think it went really well and everyone enjoyed it.

This year, I finally decided to take Caitlin to see the Nutcracker. I felt like she was finally old enough to enjoy it and appreciate it (considering how expensive the tickets were!).  We went with a friend from dance (Ella Kate and her cousin Sophie). We even invited our own mothers to go so Oma joined us too!  We had a great time and the girls enjoyed it. I think we will make this a Christmas tradition.

As much as I love the Trail of Lights in downtown Austin, this year it was just not going to happen. So instead, we decided to check out the Round Rock Light tour - this one is a drive-thru type light display! The kids enjoyed it but I still like the Trail of Lights a little better.

That was just some of the December highlights after Disney. Ryan also had his Christmas performance at school - I'll see if I can get the video uploaded and include that sometime soon.  But, need to keep posting so that I may actually catch this blog up to actual life events as they are happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment