One day while Mema and Papa were in town, we wanted to do something fun with the kids. The day looked to be nice and before the baby came, I'd promised the kids a trip to pick strawberries. This seemed like a good opportunity since it was a Friday and I'd have help so we headed to Sweet Berry Farms. This is the same place we go for pumpkins and I've never been for the strawberries.
We put the kids in the 3rd row of the Acadia and took off on 1431 towards Marble Falls. This is a very windy/hilly road which I've taken with the kids before. About 10 miles from Marble Falls, Caitlin says her tummy hurts and 2 seconds later throws up everywhere! The poor girl... she was just covered. We pulled over, got her cleaned up a bit, and continued on. She has NEVER gotten car sick before but needless to say, we went home a different way.
When we arrived at the farm, there were a lot of people - apparently, Good Friday is one of their most popular days! Mema and Papa are experienced strawberry pickers so they really took control and showed the kids how to do it.
Evan and Papa showing me their strawberries
Mema and Caitlin showing off their strawberries
Evan doing some picking
Papa showing Evan what to do
Caitlin picking some strawberries
Say cheese!
The 4 pickers - they picked two big boxes worth! We have strawberries for months!
A picture with Ryan on his first big outing
After the picking, we let the kids do one activity - the barrel ride. They do this when we go for pumpkins too.
Overall, it was a very fun day. I was so thankful to have Mema and Papa to help... I never could have managed and I am so glad the kids got to go strawberry picking finally. It might have to become an annual event!

No comments:
Post a Comment