Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bluebonnets 2013

As you know, Spring in Texas means bluebonnets! And nothing is more Texan than taking an annual picture of you kids sitting in a field/patch of bluebonnets. So far, I've managed to do this each year. I thought this might be the year I didn't make it for multiple reasons: 1) I had a newborn about 2 weeks old and 2) the bluebonnets in our area were so scarce because of the drought. 

Usually there are beautiful fields of bluebonnets but most of my normal spots were bare or had tiny patches. I managed to find this little spot in Brushy Creek Park. I'm sure the pictures make it look like there are more bluebonnets than there actually were. It was a fairly small patch...
Evan... good smile!

Attempt at a picture of all 3 kids

Caitlin and Evan

Since I wasn't thrilled with those pictures, I decided to try one more time. Becca had found a pretty good patch so she met us there for some pictures.

Evan

Caitlin

Ryan

The three of them... love this picture of the older kids but you can't see Ryan's face.

Not too bad for the 3 of them.

And I even got to be in one picture! 

Happy Spring from Texas!

1 comment: