Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Greatest Show on Earth

A few weeks ago, we took the kids to their very first circus. Ringling Bros came to town, and I had coupons for free tickets so we figured, why not!  It was a really fun family outing. 

Kids before the show

Evan got a tattoo on his hand before the show

We didn't get to see many of the animals before the show, but we did run into our friends the Isaacsons and enjoyed their company for a bit. The boys were so excited together!


Ellie, Caitlin, Alex, and Evan

We made it to our seats just as it was starting. It was actually a really good show.  They did all the typical circus things (trapeze, high wire, tigers, elephants, clowns, etc).

This was the beginning parade

Evan sat through it wonderfully and really enjoyed it. His favorites were the elephants and motorcycles in the steel sphere.

Elephant tricks

Caitlin also did well. She didn't want to sit quite as long, but we didn't have to leave once (the popcorn and pretzel helped since the girl can eat!).  It was a rather long show so I thought we might bail early, but we didn't. They had an intermission which helped since we could run around for a few minutes.  Overall though, I'd say our first circus was a success!

1 comment:

  1. It was so fun! and fun to see yall too!! Those boys cant get enough of each other :) and I am stealing your pics bc mine turned out bad :(

    ReplyDelete