Monday, September 26, 2011

We Are Family...

Okay, time to continue my Labor Day adventure.  Like I said, it was a fantastic weekend.  Sunday morning, we took the kids to my friend Marie's parents' house for a big reunion. Finally, I was going to get to meet Maxwell Devine (Lauren's baby).  Just a little background (I'm sure Lauren won't mind): she is the last of our group to have her first baby so it's a big deal to all of us!  We just could not wait to meet him and hear about her adventure into motherhood.  She had been withholding information for far too long :)

The two newest additions to our family!! Lauren/Maxwell and Marie/Hannah

A small jumpy house the kids played in - the Luken house is always a great place to meet with the kids

The group!
Front row: Katy/Ruby (Ray is somewhere, not in the picture), Me with Caitlin, Evan, Moira, Marie, Hadley
Back row: My mom, Sarah holding Hannah (Julian was napping), Lauren (Maxwell was napping), Joan (Marie's mom), Jeanine (Angie's mom - Angie was at the Pearl Jam concert in Wisconsin!), and Betty (my MIL).

We are quite the group now... 6 girlfriends, 9 kids! We love getting together, even in the chaos. And the moms enjoy it too!  Hard to believe we've been friends for almost 20 years. It makes it hard to live so far apart (literally, we are coast to coast) but when we get together, I always feel like we've never been apart.

Hadley and Evan - they had SO much fun playing together... best friends, just like their mommies :)

Sunday night, we said goodbye to Mema and Papa and Monday morning, it was off to the airport and my flight home with the kids.  A wonderful trip that always seems too short. I'm already trying to figure out how to get back around Christmas to see my girls and their kids again (and my family).

No comments:

Post a Comment