I know I already blogged about the party but I thought I should give an update on Evan. There's so much to write that I'll just try to hit the highlights (and post some pictures I had taken).
Evan, you speak in full sentences. I love having conversations with you and can't imagine a time when you didn't talk. Sometimes the things you say make us crack up. I really need to do a better job of recording them. Some of your favorite phrases that I can remember are:
"Delicious!" when you like something we are eating
"Mom, wouldn't that be fun to do XYZ, wouldn't that be fun?"
"Sorry, I'll go poopy in the potty next time."
Roaring like a dinosaur!
"Noffing" (nothing)
"Okie Dokie!"
"Okie Dokie!"
You are very helpful (most of the time). I can ask you to go get something or clean up and you usually oblige. However, if you are in one of your moods, there is nothing we can do but wait it out. You are okay at sharing with your sister... again, depends on your mood. You like to bring Caitlin her baby which is very nice.
My favorite thing is how you say goodnight to Caitlin every night. You tell us (or whoever is putting you guys to bed) to go ahead and leave her room. Then, you go up to her crib where we've laid her and talk to her for a minute, tell her goodnight, and then close the door. You HAVE to do this every night and it is just the sweetest thing and melts my heart every time.
You are a social butterfly. You want to play with friends ALL the time, whether you know their names or not. You love to follow big kids around, especially riding your bike. Every night you want to go outside and see your friends. You hate leaving playdates because you hate leaving your friends.
Your favorite show earlier this year was Chuggington although lately you are loving Super Why on PBS. You really enjoy watching television now so we are careful to limit it! Your favorite movies are still any Toy Story movie. We took you to see your first movie in a theatre this year and you loved it. You sat through it wonderfully. You love to read books and go to storytime at the library. You memorize books quickly and then can "read" them back to us. I love to read stories with you! We are working on our letters/alphabet but you are excellent at colors and counting.
You like to play tackle with Daddy or "ride" the horsey. You are taking swim lessons this summer and have moved up to the class where you are all by yourself with the teacher (i.e. no parent in the water). You are really getting better and can swim with your life vest on all by yourself. You are going to play soccer at the YMCA this fall.
You have been sleeping in your big boy bed since about February and it was such an easy transition (thank you!). We attempted potty training back in Jan/Feb and we made some progress but then you rebelled. However, in June, you all of a sudden refused to wear anything but underwear. I was worried about what would happen but you surprised me yet again! You would tell us when you needed to go pee and rarely had an accident! We still have not mastered going poopy in the potty. Most of the time you go in your diaper at nap/bedtime or we have an occasional accident. But, we are working on it and hope to turn the corner soon!
You are excited to start another year of preschool. You love to ride on planes or trains (or anything that moves such as moving walkways at airports!). Your favorite foods are yogurt (particularly the princess yogurt), raisins, most fruit (no melon!), and of course ice cream. You are pretty adaptable and easy going. What else can I say?? It's hard to believe you are 3 years old. It's going too fast. At your 3 year Drs appt, you were:
30.4 lbs (45%)
37.5 inches (50%)
I thank God every day that you came into our lives.
Guess what? I love you, I love you, I love you!
Guess what? I love you, I love you, I love you!









No comments:
Post a Comment