I am so behind on blogging so I apologize. It's almost the end of September and I'm just now doing my first blog about September! I will try and catch up this week if I can.
So, Labor Day weekend - I took the kids to Indianapolis to visit family and friends. Two of my good high school girlfriends have babies this past summer (Marie and Lauren). Lauren was planning on being home for Labor Day and since Bryce was going to be in Michigan, I decided that if the flight gods smiled down on me, I would take the kids to Indy. Well, I found some great tickets and so off to Indy I went with two kids on a plane. The best part was that I got to fly through Detroit on the way there, on the same flight as Bryce! So, I really only had to manage the two kids by myself on the return flight... and let me just say, Thank you Lord! They were very well behaved when it was just me and the two of them. Really.
Anyway, it was a long weekend of events so I'll probably do two posts. Friday while there, we did one of our favorite things - went to the Children's Museum! The kids absolutely love it and there is so much to do. My friends Sarah and Angie joined us with their kids (Julian who is 4 days younger than Caitlin and Hadley who is 6 months younger than Evan). We had so much fun!
Evan, Caitlin, and Julian driving an Indy car
Julian and Caitlin playing in the water - isn't he adorable?
Caitlin loves to slide - and is fearless!
Oma, Caitlin, and Evan on an airplane in the Egypt exhibit - Evan LOVES airplanes.
Evan and Hadley dressed as dinosaurs - RRRooar!
Roar!
Caitlin and Oma on the Merry-Go-Round - my favorite!
Hadley and Evan - this was the first time Evan could ride on an Up and Down horse!
Evan, Caitlin, and Hadley on whatever those are called!
We of course stayed at Oma's house. And you know what made the weekend even better?? Mema and Papa drove down from Michigan to stay as well! I'm so blessed that my family and in-laws get along. Really, it is like one BIG family and I love it. And the kids love it too.
Evan and Caitlin playing Oma's piano
Great Grandpa Duck - we had a big dinner at the house. We can't wait to celebrate his 90th in just a few weeks with all the family in Pensacola!
Saturday morning, we met Marie, her kids, Sarah, and Julian at a local park and splash pad. Here the kids are playing in the water. They loved putting a bucket over the fountains and watching it shoot up into the air.
Evan running through
This is Hannah (Marie's newest baby girl) that Mema is holding. Caitlin LOVED her!
Caitlin and Julian swinging
Just a cute pic of Caitlin having some ice cream!
That's it for now! I'll post the rest of the pics from the trip next time. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment