Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Caitlin turns 18 months!

Where has the time gone?  I know this is a little late, but I wanted to update you first about our vacation and keep things in order.  Caitlin turned 18 months just after we returned from our trip, and I just had to give a little update on her (since last time I did was probably 12 months and she's so different!).


Caitlin is starting to have a lot of personality.  She has an opinion and she lets it be known!  Let's start with the basics from her 18 month appointment:
Height = 31inches (45%)
Weight = 22.8 lbs (25%)
Head circumference = 18.5 (70%)

Caitlin did fine at the Drs office except she HATES getting weighed (typical girl I guess!).  It's a battle of wills trying to get her weight.  It usually ends up with me on the scale by myself and then me on the scale with her and a little math.

Eating wise, Caitlin isn't very picky and will usually eat whatever we give her although she has her favorites: nana (banana), chicken nuggets, goldfish to name a few.  She also wants to feed herself with a fork or spoon and she is actually really great with both for just 18 months!  And she so wants to drink out of a big person cup/bottle, but it usually ends up all over her front. That is something we need to work on.

Caitlin has a lot of words for 18 months (at least as I compare her to Evan).  Her favorite word is probably NO!  She loves to shake her head and say "no" when I ask her something.  It's super cute though.  Other words she says that I can think of: nana (banana), mama, daddy, papa, lellow (yellow), lala (Ella, her friend), baby, book, more, please, cheese, up, down, dog, mine, no, yeah, eyes, nose. That's all I can think of but I'm sure there are some more.  She surprises us all the time with a new word.  She knows her features (like eyes, ears, nose, etc). She knows animal sounds like monkey (her favorite), barking like a dog, and giraffe.

Caitlin is a water loving baby! Anytime there is water around, she wants to be in it! I really should get her in swim lessons, but one kid at a time.  She loves chairs. If there is a chair around, she wants to climb up and sit in it (no matter how big).  She also loves any type of car to climb into (like the cozy coupe).  Watch out anyone we visit who has a cozy coupe - she will monopolize it!

Caitlin has become a huge mimic.  Anything brother does, she wants to do. If he's crawling around on the floor, she's crawling around on the floor. If he's laughing, then she joins in.  If he's throwing water over his head, she's throwing water over her head. It's so much fun to watch the two of them together.  And while they are usually very sweet to each other, she also knows what she wants.  If she's playing with a toy and Evan wants it, she says no and won't give it to him... sharing is still a foreign concept for her!  Evan will sometimes yank things away but in general, he is good about asking first... she just usually doesn't want to oblige! 


Caitlin's favorite toys are usually whatever Evan has.  However, she does like her babies and to read books.  I love it when she grabs a book and crawls up into my lap to read. She enjoys peek-a-boo and chase.  She loves to take things out of something and then put them back in. She also LOVES buckles. Anything that buckles like her booster seat or car seat, she is constantly buckling. 

Caitlin, we can't believe it's been 18 months.  You are changing every day and we love watching you experience new things.  Your laugh is infectious and whenever you smile, we smile with you.  I love to see you interact with Evan - the sound of the two of you laughing is my absolute favorite thing.  Every night, Evan has to be the last one to say good night to you and close your door; otherwise, he gets very upset and won't leave your room.  We all love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment