Thursday, August 18, 2011

Evan's Traintastic Third Birthday!

 About 2 weekends ago, we had a big birthday/housewarming party to celebrate Evan turning 3.  It was a pretty hectic time since we had just moved into our house at the end of June, then went on a 2 week vacation, sold our old house, all while trying to plan this party.  But, it was a blast (big THANK YOU to my mom and Bryce's parents who made the actual day possible with all their help).

The theme for Evan's party was Chuggington! If you haven't ever seen the show, it's a Disney Jr show that he has fallen in love with (although that changes every day).  But, talk about tough themes!! The problem is that Chuggington is a fairly new show in the USA so birthday supplies are very hard to come by.  I scoured online for stuff but most of what I could find was in the UK (where the show originated).  I ordered a few things on EBay from the UK but otherwise, made due with what I could here.  However, I think I did great (if I can give myself a pat on the back)!

Picture of the setup and our back porch

I just kind of went with the Chuggington colors for decorations. I ordered an edible image for the cake. I found some Chuggington coloring books at the $1 store along with some train whistles for the goodie bags and a few other non-train related items.  I decorated some plain bags with Chuggington photos I printed. Overall, I thought it turned out very well.  And the best part is, Evan had a BLAST! 
The yard where we had lots of water stations - that's the big slide in the back there
Even though it was probably 100 degrees that day, we planned for most of the party to be outside in our huge yard with lots of water activities.  We had about 4 different pools along with this huge inflatable slide that our old neighbors let us borrow.  This thing was awesome and definitely the highlight of the party.  Thanks Shana and Nick!  Seriously, I think Evan played on that thing the entire time unless he was eating and the kids loved it.  And I didn't even mind the heat too much with all the trees we have.  It really was a great party.  Here are a few pictures... I should have taken more but when you are busy hosting, you just forget to get pictures! 
Happy 3rd Birthday Evan!

Caitlin and her friend Ella enjoying the little kid slide

Kiddie pool time!

Evan going down the super fun slide

Break for lunch with his friends

Caitlin enjoying her lunch too

Waiting for cake

Evan's cake - delicious!
  
Blowing out the candles

Good job Evan!

More fun on the slide with his friend Landon

Evan and Caleb

Family picture!

Another family picture

Time to open presents - can you tell he was excited?

What's in this one?

Had to include this picture which was after the party... Caitlin checking out the dog crate - I might have to break that out more often! (Just kidding)

Thanks everyone for making it such a special day for our family and Evan!

1 comment:

  1. It was fun and you did great with all the cute lil chuggington touches! cant believe you found the coloring books at the dollar store! Happy Birthday Evan! You are such a sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete