Monday, March 7, 2011

Kite Festival 2011

Today, we headed to the annual Kite Festival down at Zilker Park.  I went last year with the two kids and had a blast so I was excited to bring Bryce along this year.  Baba and Casey joined us as well as some other friends.  Parking is always tricky, but we managed it fairly easily.  We got there early and enjoyed missing most of the crowds.  I bought a cheap $3 kite from Target which actually flew pretty well!  Bryce could be the next kite runner :)  This year, Evan was less interested in the kite flying and much more interested in just running around.  He and Matilda loved chasing each other and falling on the ground.  Caitlin enjoyed crawling all over as well.  We had a lovely picnic lunch and visited with friends.  Then, it was home for naps. Overall, a great day!

Here are some pics from our adventure:
Woohoo - kite fesitval!

Caitlin chilling on the lawn

Family photo - kids were tired by the end of the day


Me and my sweetie

Austin skyline in the background - just gorgeous!

Here's what Evan did most of the time- chase Matilda! I'm not sure if I should be happy or not that he loves to chase girls at this young of an age :)

Run and the dive to the ground - so much fun!

Flying the kite with Daddy

Buzz gets into the air finally! The Greenbergs had a cool Buzz Lightyear kite. Next year Evan...

No comments:

Post a Comment