Thursday, March 10, 2011

Evan can ride a bike (sort of)!

For Christmas, we had bought Evan a balance bike (if you remember).  He LOVES to ride it but with the weather, he didn't get much opportunity.  The last couple weeks though it has turned to spring here in Austin so we have been spending lots more time outside.  Consequently, he is doing more bike riding.  For a long time, he would just run with the bike.  He could go so fast that I had to literally run myself to keep up with him.  So, the next step was getting him to pick up his feet and actually have to balance the bike (hence the name).  He was reluctant to do that and I'm not sure he quite understood what we meant.  But, just last weekend we went for a walk/ride.  We told him to pick up both his feet and he did!  And then he was just gliding away!!  It was awesome.  He had such great balance.  He could glide and steer the wheel, just like you would on a real bike.  Amazing!!  Our 2.5 year old can almost ride a bike!  I highly recommend it.

Anyway, I took a few short videos on my Iphone while we were out for our walk to capture the moment so here you go! 





No comments:

Post a Comment