Thursday, November 4, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

We had a very busy and fabulous Halloween.  We had quite a few parties/activities to attend but everything was a lot of fun.  Evan went as the scarecrow and Caitlin as Dorothy.

The first party we went to was on Wednesday. It was our weekly neighborhood playgroup.  I really enjoyed dressing up the kids for the first time in their costumes.  I actually hadn't even tried them on the kids yet.  I realized Evan's was just a tad small (it said 2T!) but it would work.  They looked so cute in them.  Here's a pic from the playgroup:


On Thursday, Evan had a little festival at school. I volunteered to help and did have fun seeing Evan and his class interacting. What a hard job though taking care of 13 two year olds every day! Here's a few pictures from school:


Evan before school - he was excited!

Evan decorating his cookie

All the boys in his class - aren't they adorable?

On Saturday, we went to a little Halloween party at the Peters' house. They had great decorations, an awesome playscape, wonderful food, and fun games. Evan had a blast (minus the accidental bat to the face he took). Caitlin also enjoyed playing with Claire.
Caitlin playing

Evan playing with another little boy - what else but cars!

Claire and Caitlin - toys in the mouth, yum!

Saturday evening, we went to Evan's preschool for a Trunk N Treat.  It's where members of the church decorate their trunks and hand out candy.  It was a lot of fun!  We enjoyed some trunk n treating, then had some food.  The Blankenships came so Evan was of course thrilled to see Avery.  They played in the bounce house and then we went on a hayride which Evan loved.  Lots of fun!  Just by total coincidence, Ange and I chose the same theme for our kids costumes but it's actually kind of perfect for Evan and Avery.

Evan at the trunk n treat

Evan and Caitlin stopping for a quick pose - probably one the few pictures I got of them together

Dorothy, the lion, and the scarecrow - we just need a tin man!

Best of friends

Dorothy and the scarecrow

All four of the kids - so darn cute!
Family photo

For actual Halloween, we actually had a bit of a rough day.  Caitlin spiked a fever and was kind of miserable most of the day.  So, we decided that Bryce would stay home with her and hand out candy while I took Evan out for trick-or-treating.  He really enjoyed it.  He was also so polite, always saying thank you and just taking one piece (even when they prompted him to take more).  I had a lot of fun going around with him and am looking forward to it next year when we can all go as a family.  People loved his costume too!
Evan and I before we headed out

No comments:

Post a Comment